Warranty & RMA
(Version January 2022)
THIS ANVIZ GLOBAL GENERAL WARRANTY POLICY (“WARRANTY POLICY”) SETS FORTH THE WARRANTY TERMS GOVERNING ON-PREMISE SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE SOLD BY ANVIZ GLOBAL INC. AND ITS AFFILIATED ENTITIES (“ANVIZ”), EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY THROUGH A CHANNEL PARTNER.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH HEREIN, ALL WARRANTIES ARE SOLELY FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE END CUSTOMER. ANY PURCHASE FROM A THIRD PARTY THAT IS NOT AN ANVIZ APPROVED CHANNEL PARTNER SHALL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE WARRANTIES CONTAINED HEREIN.
IN THE EVENT PRODUCT-SPECIFIC WARRANTIES APPLICABLE ONLY TO CERTAIN ANVIZ OFFERINGS (“PRODUCT-SPECIFIC WARRANTY TERMS”) APPLY, THE PRODUCT-SPECIFIC WARRANTY TERMS SHALL GOVERN IN THE EVENT OF A CONFLICT BETWEEN THIS WARRANTY POLICY OR A GENERAL WARRANTY CONTAINED HEREIN AND THE PRODUCT-SPECIFIC WARRANTY TERMS. PRODUCT-SPECIFIC WARRANTY TERMS, IF ANY, WILL BE INCLUDED WITH THE DOCUMENTATION.
ANVIZ RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND THIS WARRANTY POLICY FROM TIME TO TIME AND THEREAFTER, IT SHALL APPLY TO ALL SUBSEQUENT ORDERS.
ANVIZ RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMPROVE/MODIFY ANVIZ OFFERINGS AT ANY TIME, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, AS IT DEEMS NECESSARY.
A. Software and Hardware Warranties
1. General Limited Warranty
a. Software Warranty. Anviz warrants that for a lifetime warranty period from the date the software is downloaded by End Customer (“Warranty Period”): (i) the media on which the software is recorded will be free from material defects in materials and workmanship under normal use, and (ii) the software will perform substantially in accordance with the then-current Documentation, provided that such software is properly used by End Customer in accordance with such Documentation and the End User License Agreement. For clarity, software embedded as firmware or otherwise integrated into a hardware Anviz Offering is not separately warranted and subject to the warranty applicable to the hardware Anviz Offering.
b. Hardware Warranty. Anviz warrants that the hardware will be free from material defects in materials and workmanship and will substantially conform to the applicable Documentation in effect as of the date of manufacture for a period of three (3) years from the date of shipment by Anviz (“Warranty Period”). This warranty does not apply to accessories. Notwithstanding, if the Anviz Offering is an integrated hardware component purchased by a Channel Partner authorized to act as an OEM, the warranty shall apply to the Purchaser instead of the End Customer.
2. Select Warranty Periods. Exhibit A lists the “Warranty Period” for the Anviz Offerings specified therein. If a Anviz Offering is not listed in Exhibit A, such Anviz Offering will be subject to the general warranty terms above.
1. General Remedies.
a. Software. Anviz’s sole and exclusive liability and End Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy under the software limited warranty shall be to, at Anviz’s election, either: (i) replacement of the media if defective, or (ii) use commercially reasonable efforts to repair or replace the software to make the software perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying Documentation. In the event Anviz is unable to remedy the non-conformity and such non-conformity materially affects the functionality of the software, End Customer may promptly terminate the license applicable to the non-conforming software and return such software and any applicable Documentation to Anviz or Channel Partner, as applicable. In such event, End Customer will receive a refund of the license fee received by Anviz with respect to such software, less the value of use to date.
b. Hardware. Anviz’s sole and exclusive liability and End Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy under the hardware limited warranty shall be to, at Anviz’s election, either: (i) repair the hardware; (ii) replace the hardware with new or refurbished hardware (replacement hardware being of the identical model or functional equivalent – replacement parts may be new or equivalent to new); or (iii) provide to End Customer a credit towards End Customer’s future purchase of hardware from Anviz in the amount received by Anviz for the hardware (excluding taxes and levies). Any replacement hardware will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period, or for ninety (90) days, whichever is longer. Notwithstanding, if the Anviz Offering is an integrated hardware component purchased by a Channel Partner authorized to act as an OEM, the remedy shall apply to the Purchaser instead of the End Customer.
2. The above remedies are available only if Anviz is promptly notified in writing within the Warranty Period. After the applicable Warranty Period has expired, any repair, replacement or workaround services provided by Anviz will be at Anviz’s current standard service rates.
C. Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) Policy
For the product-specific RMA policy, refer to the Product-Specific Support Terms located at: https://www.anviz.com/form/rma.html
D. Warranty Exclusions
1. All warranties are VOID if Anviz Offerings have been: (i) improperly installed by anyone other than Anviz or where the serial numbers, warranty data or quality assurance decals on the hardware are removed or altered; (ii) used in a manner other than as authorized under the Documentation applicable to the Anviz Offering or designed to circumvent the security of the Anviz Offering; (iii) not installed, operated or maintained in accordance with the instructions supplied by Anviz, including but not limited to the installation, operation or maintenance of the Anviz Offerings on any hardware, operating system or tools (including their specific configurations) that are not compatible with the Anviz Offerings; (iv) modified, altered or repaired by a party other than Anviz or a party authorized by Anviz; (v) combined and/or connected to any hardware, operating system or tools (including their specific configurations) not provided by Anviz or otherwise authorized by Anviz for integration or use with the Anviz Offerings; (vi) operated or maintained in unsuitable environmental conditions, or by any other cause external to the Anviz Offering or otherwise beyond Anviz’s reasonable control, including any extreme power surge or failure or electromagnetic field, rough handling during transportation, fire or acts of God; (vii) used with telecommunication interfaces other than those supplied or approved by Anviz which do not meet or are not maintained in accordance with the Documentation, unless otherwise specifically agreed in writing within the scope of the Agreement; (viii) damaged due to failure of power, air conditioning or humidity control, or failures of storage media not furnished by Anviz; (ix) subjected to accident, neglect, misuse or negligence of Purchaser, End Customer, its employees, agents, contractors, visitors or any other third party, or operator error; or (x) used in criminal activity or in violation of any applicable regulations or governmental standards.
2. Upgrades are not covered under any warranty and are subject to independent pricing and terms and conditions, as deemed applicable by the nature of the upgrade activity.
3. Anviz Offerings provided as part of an evaluation, demo, or proof of concept are not covered under any warranty and are subject to independent pricing and terms and conditions, as deemed applicable by the nature of the activity.
4. Components that by their nature are subject to general wear and tear in the course of normal use are not subject to any warranty.
5. For clarity, the following is a non-exhaustive listing of items excluded from warranty coverage: (i) ancillary equipment not furnished by Anviz which is attached to or used in conjunction with a Anviz Offering; (ii) products manufactured by third parties and resold by Anviz without re-marking under Anviz’s trademarks; (iii) software products not developed by Anviz; (iv) operating supplies or accessories outside the parameters designated in the Documentation or elsewhere; and (vi) consumable items (e.g. batteries, RFID cards, brackets, power adaptors and cables).
6. This warranty is VOID if the Anviz Offering is misused, altered, tampered with or is installed or used in a manner that is inconsistent with Anviz’s written recommendations, specifications and/or instructions, or fails to perform due to normal wear and tear.
E. Warranty Limitations and Disclaimer
1. Warranty for Discontinued Products
The term “parts retention period” refers to the period of time for which Anviz retains parts for service purposes after the shipment of the product. In principle, Anviz retains parts for discontinued products for two (2) years after the date of discontinuation. However, if there is no corresponding parts or products in stock, Anviz may use compatible parts, or otherwise offer trade-in service with your consent.
2. Repair Fees
a. The repair fee is determined based on the spare parts price list specified by Anviz. The repair fee is the sum of the parts fee and the labor fee, and each fee is calculated as follows:
Parts fee = the price for the replacement parts used for the product’s repair.
Labor fee = the cost purely attributable to the technical efforts necessary for the product’s repair, varying depending on the difficulty of the repair work.
b. Regardless of product repairs, an inspection fee is charged for products whose warranty has expired.
c. In the case of products under warranty, an inspection fee is charged for those that does not have a recurring defect.
3. Shipping Fees
Channel Partner or End Customer are responsible for the shipping fee for sending the product to Anviz, and the return shipping fee for sending the product back to customers is borne by Anviz (paying for one-way shipping). However, if the device is considered as No Fault Found, which means the device works normally, the returning shipment, too, is borne by Channel partner or End Customer (paying for round-trip shipping).
4. Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) Process
a. Channel Partner or End Customer fill out the Anviz RMA request form online https://www.anviz.com/form/rma.html and ask technical support engineer for an RMA number.
b. Channel Partner or End Customer will receive the RMA confirmation with RMA number in 72 hours, after receiving an RMA number, Channel Partner or End Customer send the product in question to Anviz by following the Anviz shipment guide.
c. When the inspection of the product is completed, Channel Partner or End Customer receive an RMA report from technical support engineer.
d. Anviz decides to repair or replace parts after Channel Partner or End Customer’s confirmation.
e. When the repair is completed, Anviz notifies Channel Partner or End Customer of that and sends the product back to Channel Partner or End Customer.
f. An RMA number is valid for two months from the date of its issuance. An RMA number that is more than two months old is null and void, and in such a case, you need to get a new RMA number from Anviz technical support engineer.
g. Products without a registered RMA number will not be repaired.
h. Products shipped without an RMA number may be returned, and Anviz will not be held responsible for any loss or other damage caused by this.
5. Dead on Arrival (“DOA”)
DOA refers to a state where the product does not work normally due to an inherent defect that arose immediately after the product’s shipment. Customers can be compensated for DOA only within forty-five (45) days of the product’s shipment (applicable for 50 or fewer logs). If the product’s defect occurred within 45 days of its shipment from Anviz, ask your technical support engineer for an RMA number. If Anviz has received the defective product and the case has been determined to be DOA after analysis, Anviz provides free repairs provided that the case is merely attributable to defective parts (the LCD, sensors, etc.). On the other hand, if the case is attributable to a quality issue with an analysis period exceeding three (3) days, Anviz provides you with a replacement product.
Select Warranty Periods
The following Anviz Offerings offer a 90 Day Warranty Period, unless otherwise noted:
The following Anviz Offerings offer a 18 Month Warranty Period, unless otherwise noted: